Being a mom kind of rocks. There is nothing better than having my little girl look at me and give me that giant pez-dispenser smile. Even though she just looked at me a few seconds ago, it's like she forgot I was there and is delighted to find that I'm back. And while I love when she is sweet to other people, my heart warms when she cries and no one can soothe her but me. It's as if she needs me almost as much as I need her.
Anyway, on to my reasons why I think my baby is smarter than me (I can only assume this will be a recurring theme).
1. She eats when she's hungry. She doesn't try to finish one last project before her next meal, which would just make her hunger worse. She also doesn't eat just because she's bored or there's food there. Girl knows how to manage her body!
2. She figured out how to lock my cell phone screen so the buttons don't work. Now if she could just undo this....
3. She finds joy in simple things. If given the choice between a fancy, multi-colored, musical toy and the stick of deodorant, she picks the deodorant every time.
4. She can re-read the same book over and over and still be enthralled.
5. She greets her dad with pure excitement when he gets home from work. That's much better for him than someone asking him to make dinner and take out the trash. Oh, and put your socks in the hamper, not next to it!
I could go on and on, but I'll leave it there for now. I don't want her knowing all the ways she's smarter than me yet. I'm sure the day will come soon enough when she goes "really, these are my parents? How have they survived for so long?" but for now she is blissfully ignorant.